Date: Tuesday, May 27, 2014
Time: 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Contact: New York State Department of Labor/ Business Services
Phone: 1 (631) 687-4827
E-mail: Michael.Cohen@labor.ny.gov Subject Line: Suburban Propane
Web Site: www.labor.ny.gov
OFFICE MANAGER (1 OPENING) – JOB ORDER NUMBER – NY1092705
Suburban Propane is currently seeking a full-time Office Manager for their Customer Service Center. This
is a key administrative/ supervisory position based in Bridgehampton, NY. The Office Manager is
responsible for managing the administrative and customer service function of a multi-location Customer
Service Center. In this role, you will design and/or implement efficient office processes and procedures and
manage CSR and office staff personnel, ensuring maximum productivity, customer satisfaction and
compliance with Company and government standards.
Primary accountabilities include:
* Manage the CSC office function, which may include running reports, payroll, scheduling employee
training and handling office supplies and equipment.
* Maintain an in-depth knowledge of information such as Suburban products and services, customer
account and billing processes, new customer information, and various policies and procedures related to
product delivery and service. Provide ongoing training to CSRs and office staff to ensure a high-level of
* Ensure efficient execution and compliance of CSC processes and procedures, which may include customer
account and billing processes, credit and collections, bank deposits, petty cash, fuel inventory as well as
general delivery and service.
* Coach, motivate and energize the CSR team to achieve maximum potential and optimal customer service
results. Monitor employee performance, implement individual development plans and activities, initiate and
coordinate training and incentive plans, and evaluate employees against clear performance standards and
* Ensure customer service quality, efficiency, and accuracy on all call transactions. Resolve customer
complaints in a friendly and tactful manner. Research and resolve complex customer issues.
* Maximize productivity by managing to established efficiency and productivity standards and achieve least
cost distribution, implement and manage changes in work practices and equipment use to increase
individual and CSR team efficiency.
* Determine, distribute and manage CSR and office staff workload, project workforce needs to ensure
seasonal demand coverage.
* Ensure effective coordination with Distribution, Technical Service and Sales functions.
* Confer with personnel from other CSCs to coordinate activities and share best practices.
A High School Diploma/ GED or equivalent experience required (Associate’s degree preferred). Candidates
must have 2-5 years experience, competency with MS Office products (Word, Outlook, Excel), and
familiarity with oil/ gas fire appliances and related distribution systems (training provided).
Suburban offers a competitive salary with incentive opportunities, a comprehensive benefits program
including 401(k) and an educational assistance program.
Please note: As part of Suburban Propane’s pre-employment hiring process, background checks and drug
screens are performed. Suburban Propane is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer in accordance with
all applicable laws. Minorities and women are encouraged to apply. EOE/M/F/D/V.
Equal Opportunity Employer Program
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities