FOR MORE INFORMATION AND A COMPLETE LIST OF COMPANIES WHO WILL BE ATTENDING THESE JOB FAIR PLEASE LOGON ONTO www.DiversityJobFairs.com
These events are for serious professionals from senior-level to entry-level. Discover a career opportunity just right for you.
Few Reasons You Benefit From Attending . . .
1. Meet face-to-face with multiple recruiters and hiring managers from local and national employers – discover your earning potential!
2. Shake hands. Even with today’s technology, the only way to get hired is to meet someone.
3. Emailing, sending, and attaching “blind” resumes doesn’t work. There are too many applicants. Most companies only consider candidates who seek them out.
4. Your income can grow significantly when a “bidding war” develops between two or more companies interested in you, as is often the case.
5. “If you are not currently working, Diversity JobFairs are the fastest way to get hired, next to a friend’s referral – in short a jobfair that Gets you the Job
6. If you are working, you can meet several companies in a “reasonable” 2 – 3 hour session instead of trying to conduct a “covert” job search from your current employer.
A formal study of hiring managers in more than 400 companies by the San Jose Mercury News concluded that the average employer makes a hiring decision within 15 seconds of meeting you. Here are some smarter methods of attracting the very best Employers:
ü Bring plenty of resumes (strong and error free), as well as, a pen and a notepad.
ü Dress for an interview
ü The expression that you never have a second chance – make a powerful first impression.
ü Be enthusiastic, assertive and show initiative – shake hands and introduce yourself to recruiters
ü Try not to be overwhelmed by the size of the job fair or the number of job seekers in attendance.
ü While waiting, build your network of associates and contacts. There is a reason that the saying goes, “It’s who you know, not what you know.”
Do NOT keep this to yourself! Bring a friend and please tell someone that might benefit from this event!