The Newlin Grist Mill, located in Glen Mills, Pennsylvania, seeks a qualified intern to assist with the coordination, planning, design, and implementation of education and interpretive programs. This internship is designed to expose college and university students or recent graduates to the multi-faceted nature of museum education.Interns will experience a wide range of museum education responsibilities such as creating educational materials, leading tours, and developing educational content for children. The primary duty of this intern will be assisting with the Summer Discovery Camp program. The education intern will play an integral role ensuring the success of this program by preparing supplies and materials, overseeing scheduling, interacting with camp staff, campers, and parents, documenting camp activities, assisting with instruction, and providing excellent customer service to camp parents
Term: Summer 2014 (July 1st through August 16th) 320 hours (8 weeks)
Experience in the following areas is preferred:
• Experience supervising and teaching children
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Experience providing outstanding customer service
• Creative, positive, and energetic
• Excellent computer skills, including Word and Excel
• Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds
• Must have transportation to the site
• A college junior or senior or M.A. candidate in education, history, environmental studies, or related field. Interns are encouraged to utilize this experience for college credit.
Candidates must submit a cover letter, resume, and three references and have an interview.