Welcome to Delta Air Lines!
Please sit down, fasten your seat belt, prepare your career for take-off and get ready to embark on an amazing journey that, if you are willing to be dedicated and work hard, could allow you to meet thousands of people and see the world at the same time!
Our Flight Attendants are truly the face of Delta and must be passionate about maximizing each customer’s experience while elevating the Delta brand. A Delta Flight Attendant is expected to deliver sparkling service and demonstrate a graciousness that will be remembered by our passengers. In return, Delta offers employees industry leading benefits, competitive salaries, designer uniforms, worldwide travel privileges and ample opportunities for career advancement. Truly, the sky is the limit in terms of a career with Delta Air Lines!
Becoming a Delta Flight Attendant starts with an opportunity. An opportunity to learn the profession from the In-Flight Service professionals
at Delta. Training is conducted at our training facility located at our world headquarters in Atlanta, GA. We anticipate training to begin in January 2014. During the anticipated 8 weeks of training, you will receive training pay and dormitory-style housing.SUMMARY OF ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
Handle emergency situations, effectively implement instructions from the flight deck & follow appropriate emergency procedures established by Delta. May serve as flight leader when needed. Provide exemplary customer service to exceed customer expectations; work both independently and as part of new teams on a regular basis. Ensure compliance with Federal Aviation Administration regulations. Ensure passenger compliance with in-flight safety measures. Provide assistance including lifting and stowing luggage, providing emergency medical aid, and assisting disabled passengers and/or unaccompanied minors. Prepare/serve meals & beverages. Sell on board liquor, headsets, duty-free items. Actively seek to ensure the safety & comfort of customers. Must be able to sit in an assigned jump seat with seat belt and shoulder harness fastened, perform tasks that require frequent walking, bending below ankle level and reaching above shoulder level, open emergency exists and close aircraft doors weighing up to 40- 60 pounds, push and pull heavy beverage/food cart and lift, store, transport and reach for items, with or without an accommodation. Must be capable of performing duties in an aircraft environment at an altitude of 8,000 feet. Must maintain professional appearance and adhere to uniform and appearance guidelines, Must project a positive attitude & composure at all times. Must be able to perceive, understand and respond to written and oral communications and warnings. Must be able make public address announcements, safety demonstrations, communicate effectively and write detailed reports pertaining to flight incidents and/or discrepancies.JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must be authorized to work in the US.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Must have a high school diploma, GED or equivalent.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand English.
- Must be willing & able to fly both International & Domestic routes and be flexible with scheduling.
- At graduation, must be willing to be based in Atlanta or any open base.
- Must be able to pass oral/written exams in the timeframe as specified for each exam.
- Must be willing to work in a time-sensitive environment & effectively handle stress that is associated with meeting deadlines & managing unexpected change.
- Must have valid passport or equivalent travel documents to freely enter & exit all destinations where Delta flies.
- Must assume flight leader role to facilitate aircraft readiness, coordinate, conduct, and manage evacuation and other emergency situations.
- Must complete paperwork as needed and have basic computer skills are required.
- Must be willing to serve alcoholic beverages; peanuts, and meals containing beef and/or pork.
- Must be able to sit in an assigned jump seat with seatbelt and shoulder harness fastened, perform tasks that require frequent walking, bending below ankle level and reaching above shoulder level, open emergency exists and close aircraft doors weighing up to 40- 60 pounds, push and pull heavy beverage/food cart and lift, store, transport and reach for items, with or without an accommodation.
- Must be able to perform CPR & basic first aid/safety-related functions.
- Must be willing to work nights, weekends, holidays, extended hours and accept lack of scheduling control and be ready to report on late notice.
- Must be punctual & dependable.
- Must manage time effectively, exhibit good judgment, strong work ethic & excellent customer service skills.
- Must pass a DOT required pre-employment drug screen and thereafter submit to DOT mandated random drug and alcohol testing.
- Must pass a background check including a government required fingerprint-based criminal history records check.
- Must attend and successfully complete anticipated 8 week paid training at our Atlanta training facility.
- Must present a neat professional appearance and demeanor including adhering to Delta uniform and appearance guidelines.
Monthly Training Pay