The GS-14 salary range starts at $106,263.00 per year, if you meet the following qualifications. You must meet all qualification and eligibility requirements within 30 days of the closing date of this announcement. To qualify, you must demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-13 level in the Federal service.
Specialized experience is experience planning, designing and implementing complex information analysis systems; designing and undertaking data-gathering efforts, comprehensive data studies, and initiatives to convey findings to leadership; and, developing models, forecasts and visualizations based on generally accepted statistical methods. Such experience must include: Use of Standard Query Language (SQL) and Visual Basic or Visual Basic Applications (VBA) programming; Creating and/or customizing existing databases using a relational database management system (Oracle, Microsoft Access, MySQL, SQL Server, etc.); Use of business data systems to structure, review, and present information to senior executives for use in the decision making process.
NOTE: Qualifications are based on length and level of experience. Therefore, in addition to describing duties performed, applicants must provide the exact dates of each period of employment (from month/year to month/year) and the number of hours per week if part time. Qualification determinations cannot be made when resumes do not include the required information, so failure to provide this information may result in disqualification. For a brief video on How to Create a Federal Resume, click here.
If selected, you must meet the following conditions:
- Serve a one year probationary period (unless you have previously satisfied this requirement).
- Be able to make a direct deposit of your salary check to a financial organization.
- Males born after December 31, 1959 must have registered with the Selective Service.
- Complete a “Declaration of Federal Employment” (OF-306) to determine suitability for Federal employment.
- Undergo a background investigation and receive a favorable adjudication.
- If you are not a current GSA employee, you must complete the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 to determine identity and employment (work status) eligibility. GSA will verify the information through the DHS e-Verify automated system. Any identified discrepancies must be resolved as a condition of continued employment.
- Complete an OGE Form 450, Confidential Financial Disclosure Report, and obtain approval that no conflict or an appearance of conflict exists between your financial interest and this position.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
The Category Rating procedure is being used to rate candidates. If you are found qualified for the position, your responses to the self assessment vacancy questions will be used to place you in one of the following categories: Qualified, Well Qualified, Best Qualified. Your responses to the vacancy questions must be supported by your resume or the Human Resources Specialist may adjust your responses lower. Within these categories, applicants eligible for veterans’ preference will receive selection priority over non-veterans. Appropriate documentation must be received to adjudicate veterans’ preference.
You will be evaluated on the vacancy related questions that were designed to assess your overall possession of the following competencies/knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Expert Skill in applying experimental theories to unresolved problems. Ability to make decisions or recommendations that significantly change the interpretation of policies, or develop new important public policies or programs.
- Expert analytical skills to apply a wide range of qualitative and/or quantitative methods for the assessment and improvement of program effectiveness.
- Experience in relational database management systems ( i.e. SQL Server, Oracle, Sybase)
- Demonstrated skill in oral communications to interface with Top level Officials in the Agency.
- Experience with advanced statistical analysis software (i.e. SAS, SPSS, Stata)
- Experience with data visualization tools (i.e. Tableau, QlikView, Birst, and/or Cyrstal Reports)
A variety of assessments/assessment tools may be used to evaluate candidates for specific vacancies covered by this announcement. Candidates will be notified when further assessments are implemented and provided with instructions on how to access and complete the assessment(s). Be sure to APPLY EARLY as most assessments must be completed fully and submitted before the announcement closing.
If you are an Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan eligible or a GSA Career Transition Assistance eligible, you must be considered well qualified (minimum score of 85) to receive priority. ICTAP/CTAP
To preview questions please click here.