At Hawaiian Airlines, over 5,000 of our employees throughout the Islands and across all of our travel destinations are honored to serve our guests and community with a passion for air travel, a commitment to world-class service and the unique desire to introduce Hawaiian hospitality to the rest of the world. If being a part of a thriving and cohesive team that represents Hawai’i on a global scale excites you, we want to talk to you. E Komo Mai, come join our team and see why Hawai’i Flies With Us.
2014 Summer Internship Description
The 2014 Summer Internship Program is a unique ten-week opportunity (June 2nd to August 8th) to work hands-on within one of the many departments that are designed to provide students with an educational and training opportunity for those who are interested in learning more about the airline industry and contribute to our continued success as a global world-class airline.
You will have the opportunity to assist teams on a variety of projects and interact with professional experts in their chosen field. Attend seminars designed to give you a whole rounded view of the airline industry and work alongside fellow interns on a final project as part of a culminating experience.
Accounting (Finance & Accounting)
Working within a fast-paced corporate environment, interns within Accounting will experience business and accounting related challenges. Reporting and analysis are important tools for Accountants as we travel to our established markets and explore new ones.
• Must be currently enrolled at an accredited educational institution. Undergraduates and graduates with a required cumulative GPA of 3.3 or higher.
• This is a non-paid credit only internship program, therefore, must be enrolled in an internship course with their college or university and receive credit that must be used towards obtaining an undergraduate/graduate degree.
• Internship opportunities are only available in our headquarter office located in Honolulu, Hawaii. Housing will not be provided by Hawaiian Airlines and is the responsibility of selected interns.
• Available from June 2nd through August 8th 2014.
• Proven effective communication skills.
• Solid internal & external relationship building & partnering.
• Creative problem-solving skills.
• Organization and follow-up skills.
• Strong ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
• Passionate about Airlines Industry and Hawaiian Airlines.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office – Excel, PowerPoint, Word.
• Ability to handle confidential information and professionalism.
• Candidates must submit the following items:
o Cover letter explaining why you are the best candidate for an internship at Hawaiian Airlines and what department you would like to intern with. (Note: You may only apply for an internship within one department. Chosen department must be in alignment with your major of study.)
o Written recommendation letter from a previous supervisor, manager or professor.
• The subject line of your application email must include the department you are applying to intern with.
• Please submit all documents to Internship@HawaiianAir.com by Friday, May 2nd. Please note that incomplete or late applications will not be considered.
• Should there be a match, you will be contacted directly from someone in our recruitment department.