Today, it is difficult to do this sometimes, because of pressure from others to be a certain way. At work, you have to act and perform a particular way. When you go home, you have to be another way. Sometimes you cannot keep up with it all, and you get down on yourself and feel you are failing. To feel like this a little bit is normal, but if it makes you not love yourself, it is time to do something about it.
Advantages to Loving Yourself
There are advantages to loving yourself enough and some of them are:
1. You look at yourself in a positive light.
2. You think you can do anything you set out to do.
3. You are nice to those around you because when you like yourself, it is easier to like others.
4. You carry yourself confidently through your day and this even makes others know that you are not afraid.
If these 4 things sound like you, then you love yourself. You most likely also do not suffer from low self-confidence.
Disadvantages of Not Loving Yourself Enough
There are disadvantages to not loving yourself enough and they are:
1. You would only think negatively about yourself.
2. You would be afraid to go after your dreams, because you would automatically think you would fail.
3. You tend to lash out at others when it is really yourself that you have a problem with.
4. You walk into a room sheepishly because you have too little self-love, which leads to not enough self-confidence.
Do these last 4 things sound like you? If they do, you need to start loving yourself more. You probably also have low self-confidence.
Since you now know that self-love and self-confidence go together, what are you going to do about it? Look in the mirror first thing in the morning, and tell yourself 3 things you like about yourself. Write down your attributes. If there are things you think need improving then just set forth to do so, instead of being down on yourself for them. Above all else, stay positive about who you are. You are a good person worth loving! Believe this it is true. When you do, you can do anything! Self-confidence will no longer be an issue you will have it. You will be able to go after your goals, knowing you have the power to attain them.